We had the privilege to interview David Ricks and hear his journey in powerlifting which has led him to numerous world titles and records in the powerlifting community both on the national and international stage.
Some of the things we discussed included:
- Why did you get into powerlifting?
- What are your strength numbers -best & current
- What are the most common injuries you see from powerlifters and what is the usual reason for this?
- What do you take on a regular basis to supplement your training?
- What is your worst injury and what did you do to fix it?
- What accessories do you use for lifting? What supplements do you take?
- What pet peeves do you have when it comes to training in a gym?
- What is one thing you have heard many lifters say that is WRONG/MYTH?
- Favorite powerlifter to watch progress/compete?
- How hard was it to train while in the Navy? Did you train while deployed on ships?
- What keeps you into powerlifting?
- What have you seen change in powerlifting since you started competing? Good/bad/ugly
- What federation is your favorite to compete?