BIO – Steve Carozza started lifting since 7th grade, started powerlifting January 2018, competed in three USPA meets, and has recently been invited to the Nova Fall Classic which is a “for pay competition”, winner gets $3500 in November.
According to openpowerlifting.com you have competed three times, all this year, starting with a total at 1758 and wrapping up at 1912 in late August.
Some of the topics we discussed included:
- What are your current strength numbers? Squat, bench, deadlift, any others you are proud of…
- Were you self-taught or did you learn from various sources?
- What got you into strength sports? Where did your lifting journey start?
- What was your inspiration or mentor in strength sports?Any injuries that you had to deal with?
- What do you take on a regular basis to supplement your training?
- Favorite training music?
- If you could do something different in your training (wind the clock back) what would you do? I want to get into powerlifting…where should I start?
- What now do you want to do strength wise?
- What’s one thing that you want all lifters in the BBB to know or consider before getting into strength sports? (be able to justify your training) Common injuries specific to strongman as well as other health issues that someone might not consider (mental, addictions, etc)?
- What is one thing you have heard many lifters say that is WRONG/MYTH?
- Other than lifting and coaching what are some of your other pursuits and would you consider lifting/coaching a hobby or more than that?